April is Child Abuse Awareness Month!
There were 68,517 confirmed cases of child abuse in Texas last year, 356 of those children were abused right here in Grayson County. This number doesn’t include cases that were investigated by law enforcement alone. Child abuse is happening in our community. You can help stop it! The Grayson County Children’s Advocacy Center invites you and your business or organization to be a part of recognizing April as Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month!
- Wear blue every Friday in April, but especially April 1st – Go Blue Day in Texas. Make sure to check out our blue shirts lower on the page!
- Post pictures of you & your group in blue and use the hashtags #goblue #learnrecognizereport
- Turn your business blue – hang blue ribbons, use blue light bulbs, use blue anywhere you can – be creative! We’re putting together packages to help you do this! Check back soon for more info!
- Snap photos of you and your staff in blue and email to email@example.com and we’ll post and tag you!
- Sign up and attend one of our free classes during the month of April to learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms and how to report abuse.
- Scheduled classes: Register here
- Virtual 4/19/2022 11:30a-1p
- In person 4/21/2022 5:30p-7p Class to be held at First United Community Room @ 401 E. Taylor Street in Sherman
- Schedule your own private class! For groups of 6 or more we can come to you in person or host a private virtual class. Call 903.957.0440 ext 207 to schedule.
- Learn how to talk to your own kiddos about body safety! Check out these resources.
- Follow & like us on social media @cacgrayson
- Share & like our posts and encourage others to do the same.
- Volunteer – we have diverse, flexible and meaningful opportunities for those wanting to volunteer.
- Have information and resources available to customers, clients, and staff. We have lots we can share with you!
- Talk about it! – Know the facts about child abuse in our community and start conversations with others about this difficult topic.
- Report suspected abuse – 1.800.252.5400
- Give – to support the children in our community who have experienced abuse.
- 10 Child Abuse Awareness Shirts, featuring a design by a talented local child. Orders placed by March 11th will have the business name included on a list on the back of all shirts! Wear your shirts all month long, but especially on Friday, April 1st-Texas Go Blue Day!
- 1 festive window painting for your business. We will take a picture and give you a shout out and tag on social media!
- A double sided 24×18 yard sign, personalized with your logo.
- Printed abuse prevention materials to have for your customers or clients.
- All for $175
- Ready to join? Register here!
Order and wear our blue shirts every Friday in April to raise awareness and start community conversations. Those ordering 10 or more shirts will have their name or business or family name listed on the back of the shirt if the order is submitted by March 11th! Wear your shirts all month long, but especially on Friday, April 1st-Texas Go Blue Day! Questions? Call us at 903.957.0440! Multiple shirts can be ordered and paid for during one check out – just calculate your total!
Youth XS- Youth XL $10 Donation
Adult S-XL $12 Donation ~ Adult 2X-4X $15 Donation
We have a limited number of shirts left – we have not yet decided if we will do a second order. Please call us to check to see if we have your size! 903.957.0440!
April is Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month, but we’re working year round to raise awareness and prevent child abuse in Grayson County. If you’re looking for ways to make a difference for the children in our community that have been impacted by abuse please click here.
If you’re looking for Prevention or Education programming we offer click here.
Speak up and report abuse. Looking for signs & symptoms of abuse? If so, click here. If you suspect abuse or neglect, report it to 1-800-252-5400 or txabusehotline.org. If the child is in imminent danger call 9-1-1.