April is Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month!
There were 56,944 confirmed cases of child abuse in Texas last year; 268 of those children were abused right here in Grayson County. This number doesn’t include cases that were investigated by law enforcement alone. Child abuse is happening in our community. You can help stop it! The Grayson County Children’s Advocacy Center invites you and your business or organization to be a part of recognizing April as Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month!
- Wear blue every Friday in April, but especially April 14th – Go Blue Day.
- Post pictures of you & your group in blue and use the hashtags #goblue #allhandsondeck #helpinghands
- Turn your home, school or business blue – check out our business package!
- Encourage everyone you know to order and wear our blue shirts (paper form or order online here).
- Snap photos of you and your group in blue and email them to email@example.com and we’ll post and tag you!
- Sign up and attend one of our free classes during the month of April to learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms and how to report abuse.
- Scheduled classes: Register here
- In-person: 4/13/2023 11:30a-1p (Lunch provided!)
- Virtual 4/24/2023 12p-1p
- In-person: 4/25/2022 5:30p-7p (Dinner provided!)
- Schedule your own private class! For groups of 6 or more we can come to you in person or host a private virtual class. Call 903.957.0440 ext 207 to schedule.
- Learn how to talk to your own kiddos about body safety! Check out these resources.
- Follow & like us on social media @cacgrayson
- Share & like our posts and encourage others to do the same.
- Volunteer – we have diverse, flexible and meaningful opportunities for those wanting to volunteer.
- Have information and resources available to customers, parents clients, and staff. We have lots we can share with you!
- Talk about it! – Know the facts about child abuse in our community and start conversations with others about this difficult topic.
- Report suspected abuse – 1.800.252.5400
- Give – to support the children in our community who have experienced abuse.
- 10 Child Abuse Awareness Shirts, featuring a design by a talented local child. Wear your shirts all month long, but especially on Friday, April 14th- Go Blue Day!
- Social media posts on all CAC platforms.
- A double-sided 24×18 yard sign, personalized with your logo. (please send logos to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Printed abuse prevention materials to have for your clients, customers, parents and staff.
- April themed goodies for you and your staff!
- All for $200
- Paper form or order online here
Order and wear our blue shirts every Friday in April to raise awareness and start community conversations. Order deadline is March 15th! Shirts will be ready for pick up on March 30th. Wear your shirts all month long, but especially on Friday, April 14th -Go Blue Day!
Questions? Call us at 903.957.0440!
**Youth S- Youth XL $12 Donation ~ Adult S-2XL $15 Donation
Adult 3X-4X $18 Donation **
April is Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month, but we’re working year round to raise awareness and prevent child abuse in Grayson County. If you’re looking for ways to make a difference for the children in our community that have been impacted by abuse please click here.
If you’re looking for Prevention or Education programming we offer click here.
Speak up and report abuse. Looking for signs & symptoms of abuse? If so, click here. If you suspect abuse or neglect, report it to 1-800-252-5400 or txabusehotline.org. If the child is in imminent danger call 9-1-1.