April is Child Abuse Awareness Month!
There were 68,461 confirmed cases of child abuse in Texas last year, 464 of those children were abused right here in Grayson County. This number doesn’t include cases that were investigated by law enforcement alone. Child abuse is happening in our community. You can help stop it! The Grayson County Children’s Advocacy Center invites you and your business or organization to be a part of recognizing April as Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month!
- Wear blue every Friday in April, but especially April 9th – Go Blue Day in Texas.
- Post pictures of you & your group in blue and use the hashtags #goblue #learnrecognizereport #knowchildabuse
- Turn your business blue – hang blue ribbons, use blue light bulbs, use blue anywhere you can – be creative!
- Snap photos of you and your staff in blue and email to email@example.com and we’ll post and tag you!
- Sign up and attend one of our free classes during the month of April to learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms and how to report abuse.
- Scheduled classes: Register here
- In Person 4/13/2021 11:30a-1p
- Virtual 4/27/2021 11:30a-1p
- Schedule your own private class! For groups of 6 or more we can come to you in person or host a private virtual class. Call 903.957.0440 ext 207 to schedule.
- Learn how to talk to your own kiddos about body safety! Check out these resources.
- Follow & like us on social media @cacgrayson
- Share & like our posts and encourage others to do the same.
- Volunteer – we have diverse, flexible and meaningful opportunities for those wanting to volunteer.
- Have information and resources available to customers, clients, and staff. We have lots we can share with you!
- Talk about it! – Know the facts about child abuse in our community and start conversations with others about this difficult topic.
- Report suspected abuse – 1.800.252.5400
- Give – to support the children in our community who have experienced abuse.
April is Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Month, but we’re working year round to raise awareness and prevent child abuse in Grayson County. If you’re looking for ways to make a difference for the children in our community that have been impacted by abuse please click here.
If you’re looking for Prevention or Education programming we offer click here.
Speak up and report abuse. Looking for signs & symptoms of abuse? If so, click here. If you suspect abuse or neglect, report it to 1-800-252-5400 or txabusehotline.org. If the child is in imminent danger call 9-1-1.