Position Title: Clinical Therapist
Position Overview: Full time position that will provide specialized trauma-focused mental health services and evidence-based treatment to children and their non-offending caregivers.
Education & Licensure:
- Master’s degree required in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field
- License to work independently as a mental health professional (i.e. LPC, LMFT, or LCSW);
Experience & Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience working with children, adolescents, and families
- Experience doing individual, play, family, and group therapy
- Experience working with a team of professionals
- Understanding of adult and child development theories and child abuse
- Knowledge of psychological test administration and interpretation
- Knowledge of TF-CBT desired, but not required
- Spanish fluency desired, but not required
- Must be in good standing with the State Licensing Board and group membership affiliations
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direct client services to victims of child abuse and neglect and their families (includes, but is not limited to individual, group, and family therapy).
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- Conduct psychosocial and trauma-specific assessments.
- Ensure proper documentation into CAC case tracking system and client files.
- Provide court testimony that pertains to the center’s mental health services cases, as needed.
- Be available at least 2 evenings a week, depending on need.
- Participate in training, case review, and staffing meetings.
- Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team with agencies such as law enforcement, CPS, and DA’s office.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Family Advocate assigned to client.
- Comply with the CAC’s Policies & Procedures for Clinical Therapists
- Assist with general center operations as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Participate in community and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Britney Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.